Thursday, August 6, 2009

Kevin Smith: New Jersey Hot Spots

As I stated in my previous blog, I had the pleasure of visiting the Garden State (good movie) this past weekend, and in doing so, I was able to visit a few of the coolest places in town...the famous Kevin Smith spots.

Now, if you're not familiar with who Kevin Smith is...look it up online right now and then go immediately to Blockbuster or your DVD rental venue of choice, and begin watching all of his works. For those of you in the know, this should be quite a treat, I know it was for me.

We first stopped off at Jay & Silent Bob's Secret Stash.

35 Broad St
Red Bank, NJ 07701
(732) 758-0508

This is just the coolest store I have been in. If you're a fan, you'll know what I mean. Memorabilia EVERYWHERE. There were statues, posters, videos, comic books, movie props, etc. Below are just a few of the pictures I snapped:






After the store, we crossed the street to Jack's Music Store, the CD and record shop found in the movie 'Chasing Amy.' It's a great store to go in on Broad St even if you aren't familiar with Kevin Smith or his movies. If you are, these next shots will please you.



Right next door to Jack's is the doorway found in 'Chasing Amy' where Ben Affleck and Jason Lee sat. I managed to snapshot myself there as well!


And finally, what New Jersey trip wouldn't be complete without the Quick Stop?

58 Leonard Ave
Leonardo, NJ 07737
(732) 291-9635

That's right, I even got to go inside and buy something. It is exactly the same...only not in black and white.



So if you get a chance to go to New Jersey, make sure you stop off on Broad St for Kevin Smith's store and the music shop across the street, and do not leave before entering the Quick Stop. I had a blast and you will too.

SIDE NOTE: The diner from 'Chasing Amy,' up the road from the Quick Stop, has been remodeled and looks nothing like it did in the movie. But I hear the food is nice...

No comments:

Post a Comment