Monday, April 27, 2009

Earthday Birthday: Sweet 16














This year's Earthday Birthday, hosted by 101.1 WJRR, was absolutely fantastic. It wasn't too crowded, the line up turned out to be pretty damn awesome, and all in all, they had a system for beer that made it so you didn't have to worry with cash all day long.


The line up went as follows:

  • Pop Evil
  • All That Remains
  • COLD
  • (hed)p.e.
  • Candlebox
  • StaticX
  • Chevelle
  • 311

Out of those bands the ones that stuck most in my mind were All That Remains, COLD, (hed)p.e., Candlebox, Chevelle, and 311. It was a great show all around. COLD didn't play a long set which was kind of dissapointing since my main reason for attending the show that day was them...I thought they were broken up!

The "no cash system" I referred to earlier consisted of you purchasing tickets for food and drinks ahead of time and then using said tickets at all beverage and food stands throughout the fields. The fields, Tinker and Thunder, were split up by stage. Tinker field was reserved for stage 1 which consisted of the aforementioned bands. Thunder field was reserved for stage 2 which consisted of the local bands who were lucky enough to get spots at this event.

In between fields were various booths, mostly sporting bongs and bowls of all kinds but one of which I found my heart falling on which can only be summed up in three words: I Heart Vagina. For as long as I could I sported a bumper sticker with this mantra on it. If you feel so inclined check out their site at http://www.ilovevagina.com/

All in all it was a good night...aside from the obvious bathroom issue which we all have at these types of events. Well, if you're a female anyway. Which brings me to a very good question I'd like for someone to one day answer: Why the hell is the female restroom dirtier than the male restroom? Anyone, anyone?! I experienced what can only be the regression of human to primate form as shit had been slung all over the walls of one of the stalls forcing the maintenance to eventually bag off this entire stall for no one to use. How does this shit happen?

Besides the restrooms I had a kick ass time and to prove it, here are some photos for you to enjoy.





No comments:

Post a Comment