Monday, April 27, 2009

George's Music Guitar Lessons

I must say, it takes a certain kind of person to have the patience to deal with me. I have found that exact patience for sure at George's Music on I-Drive in Orlando, FL. Jason is my instructor, and friend (if I may call him that) as well as the bassist of Rabbits With Glasses, and he is a great teacher. Not only can he remain calm and humor me when I sound like I'm suffering from dyslexia on the strings but he has gotten me through the beginning of my first song: Brown Eyed Girl.

If you're gonna take music lessons this is definitely the place to go and if you're gonna take guitar lessons he is definitely the instructor you want. Take it from me, I'm a pain in the ass.

Beyond lessons the store is filled with informative staff who know their stuff. Most seem to be in bands themselves from what I have found, one of which I attended a CD Release Party for last Saturday night, at the Plaza Theater on Bumby, another good find. Overall the place is fantastic and in a location you can't miss, you can see it from I-4! I'll give you a hint: It's the building with all the guitar heads coming out of it.

Once I get this song down, and I will before my next lesson, I think I'll try to persuade him to teach me some 30 Seconds to Mars. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment